~Rules

Go down

~Rules

Post by JENOVA's SOLDIER on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:37 am

THE RULES
(in other words the most important part of a forum)

Of course, as for every Role Play forum, I have a set of rules for everyone to follow, though these can change, I doubt they will change much at all for the next long while. Because the rules I have decided to put up are rules that I have seen broken and used before in any other place I have ever Role Played in my life.

This site is VERY obviously still a work in progress, I will update on the Updates page whenever I need to.

-Cayden

Last edited by JENOVA's SOLDIER on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
JENOVA's SOLDIER
Admin

View user profile http://heartofrpfantasy.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ~Rules

Post by JENOVA's SOLDIER on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:21 pm

1. No one liners, there is nothing a good Rper can't stand more then a one line, or even a few word post. Sometimes, I would know, they are necessary because, sometimes, even when someone has a long post it can be hard to find a lot about it to reply to. Like when a character is simply elaborating on thoughts instead of any actions, it happens, I understand it. But if you continuously have short one or two line posts, maybe you should go RP with the other people who RP like you.

2. Please, no 1st person posts. Third person please,and use the character's name. If you start going on like 'he moved close then he...etc.,etc.' without saying anything about the character's name, it gets confusing. I say this from experience, I once didn't know a character's name until about the thirtieth post, it's very annoying.

3. NO! GOD! MODDING! this is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves...and if I see someone repeatedly god-modding, I will ban them, and jot down their IP addresses, I will NOT permit god modding EVER. I know there are people out there that don't know what God Modding is. That's when you make a character invincible and dodge every attack thrown their way. If a character is in a fight, they must get hit one out of every three times at LEAST. I will allow immortal characters, as long as, in the end, there is a way to defeat them. If a character won't die from getting stabbed in the heart, that's fine. As long as I can go in a rip of an arm without them regenerating it, or if I chop of their head, they can no longer move because the brain isn't connected to the nervous system(I will let severed heads talk, because that's hilarious) and if I blow up the character, they aren't going to magically reassemble. NO GOD MODDING!

4. No POWER PLAYING! This is almost as bad as God Modding to me and will have the same punishment if it is abused. Power Playing is when you use the other persons character without their permission. Sometimes when RPing a fight, it is necessary, but don't exaggerate it. And if they are just talking, don't go on and say what they should be saying. And no controlling their actions, no matter what.

5. Don't OD your posts with smilies. In fact, when you're rping...avoid using smilies anyways, they really aren't necessary. Since I believe this goes hand in hand with this rule, i won't bother making another one. Don't talk like you're on MSN. Sometimes, I know, it's hard not to. But spell out the words in RPs don't take shortcuts. I would like it also if you always capitilize I...though i always forget, it just looks nicer. So i don't want to see any: u, ur, r, wtf, idc, k, ppl, plz, nm, hbu, g2g, brb, or any variation of lol in any IC posts. Make sense? It should.

6. If you are going to talk out of context/character(OOC) during an RP I want you to make it obvious that it is OOC, by either: ((Putting it like this at the top or bottom of a post)) or OOC: Like this at the end of a post. If you put it at the beginning you'd have to put IC: before you start rping.

7. If you want an RP to be private for just two, maybe three people, MARK IT THAT WAY! in the name put <Private-JENOVA> with the name being the name of the other person in the RP.

8. In public RPs, if I see people seriously taking control of it, I will warn them to include the others in the RP. This should be a common courtesy, so I would like you to keep from excluding other people when you RP, thank you very much.
JENOVA's SOLDIER
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JENOVA's SOLDIER on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:27 pm

Chat Box

1. No spamming. Dear god no spamming. This includes MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKINNNNNG YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUR WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRDS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKEEEEEEEE THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS. I mean it.

2. Keep picture and video posting to a minimum. I’m not completely against it but keep in mind the size of the chat box. Also the chat box has a horrible habit of refreshing to the last picture that was posted. And it gets annoying. My best suggestion post links instead of actual pictures. It’s just as effective.

3. As much as I hate to say it: No PDA. No sexual content. At least… not in the chat box, I don’t care about anywhere else. *shrugs*

4. Don’t overdo the cursing thing. And no bullying… though this is more of a general rule.

5. The chatbox is a privilege not a right. If you’re doing something that is annoying myself or anyone else for an extended period of time I won’t hesitate in kicking you out.
JENOVA's SOLDIER
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JENOVA's SOLDIER on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:56 pm

Admins/Moderators

The current Admins are:
JENOVA’s SOLDIER(Cayden) and seeminglyPristine(John)

The mods, if they ever decide to join are: Reno(Chris) and Vincent Valentine

1. Mods are not allowed to make any changes without Cayden’s permission. Or John for that matter... haha, I don’t think he even knows how to use my lover, the Admin Panel. <3 Love you.

2. Admins and mods have every right to tell you to fix something if you screw it up. Fair deal? I thought so.

3.You cannot ask to be a mod or admin I will appoint them as I see fit. And I’m quite picky.

4. Admins nor Mods are going to be deleting posts unless it is requested by the people who are a part of the thread.

((There will be more added to this one as I come up with stuff))
JENOVA's SOLDIER
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JENOVA's SOLDIER on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:57 pm

Other

1. Be nice. Please, i don't want anyone starting wars or flaming up another member. I don't care if you swear, but try and swear at appropriate times,don't just start spamming swear words.

2. Notify on the Events board if you're going to be gone for an extended period of time.

3. I won't allow Ads in Signatures. Banners or quotes are fine.

4. Have fun!!
JENOVA's SOLDIER
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down